Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Well, here is my first ever blog post, and guess what it's about! Drum roll please? 
......COOKIES! I bet your surprised aren't you? No? Okay then.


These were originally supposed to be thin and crispy cookies, almost wafer-like, but they didn't turn out that way. It may of been because I didn't use a mixer, I just did it by hand. Who knows. 




 Now these were the first pan of cookies. Definitely not flat, or crispy. These were large tablespoons of dough just plopped onto the pan. I cooked these for about 12 minutes.



Now these ones; more crispy seeing as I left them in the oven for 14 minutes, were still not flat, and I was determined to get at least one flat, crispy, thin cookie out of this batch.


Now this pan! I finally got a flat, thin, crispy, delicious cookie. These were very small balls of dough, probably a teaspoon or a bit more. I rounded them with my fingers, and pushed them flat. I may of cooked these ones for about 13 minutes.


These. Oh my. As you can see, they stuck together. I didn't do anything to these ones. Just grabbed them by the spoonful and dropped them on the pan. Cooked for around 12 minutes (like the first pan) these were fluffy, and the outsides were a tad crunchy. Just the right mix! Although none of these turned out how the original recipe said they would, I think they turned out perfect.

Soft and Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies
(Original recipe found here)
Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
dash of salt (optional, I hate using salt)
1/2 cup soft butter
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon water
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs
1 cup dark chocolate chips (you can use any type, I just had dark on hand)


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix together flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a large bowl,cream softened butter, and sugar. Stir in water, vanilla, and eggs, until all combined.  
4. Add most of dry mix, leaving 1/4 cup in the small bowl. Mix in the dry ingredients gradually, until combined.
5. In the small bowl, add the chocolate chips to the flour, and stir. Once the chips are coated, add the the cookie dough, folding in.
6. Drop by tablespoons onto cookie sheets, leaving approximately 2 inches between them (They spread).
7, Bake for 11-12 minutes for softer cookies, or until desired crunchiness (13-14 minutes). 
8. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment