Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Creamy Scrambled Eggs

Since the beginning of this year I've been trying to become Vegan. It's not working the greatest, but I have cut out cows milk, and I've lowered my intake of cheese, and yogurt. Oops, did I mention I've been Vegetarian since 2007? So it's not that big a leap. The only thing I've recently been finding hard not to eat, is egg whites. Not the full egg, since I've always hated the yolk, and the white is actually better for you. I think I've had scrambled eggs for dinner for the past two weeks! 14 grams of protein for 1/2 cup! Crazy, and delicious! 


Since the egg white itself is fairly bland, I find a tablespoon or two of salsa works like a charm to up the taste factor.




Now the ones I made tonight do not have salsa, they are packed with other delicious ingredients!


Mmm don't they look fluffy??


Ingredients:
2 tablespoons soy milk
1 teaspoon butter
1/2 egg whites
1 tablespoon water
1/4 cup baby spinach
dash of cayenne 
1 teaspoon ground flax seed
1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese


Directions:
1. In a small pot on medium heat melt butter and milk. 
2. Add the egg whites, water, and spinach, mixing constantly. 
3. One the egg starts to scramble, add cayenne pepper, flax seed, and cheese. Still stirring constantly. 
4. Once the eggs are fully scrambled, voila! Vous avez fini :) Amusez-vous!! 


You can find the recipe for the pumpkin bread viewed in the photo above, here!

No comments:

Post a Comment