Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Red Velvet Pancakes for One

So as you can see I am totally 100% completely obsessed with all things red velvet. The recipe photos always look so gorgeous, I just have to try them! Most are filled with icky ingredients, so it's hard to find a good recipe. After creeping Chocolate Covered Katie's blog for a while, I discovered she had recipes that serve one! Then I found a red velvet pancake recipe for one and just haad to try it.

......Well, as you can see below, they didn't turn out so well. I followed the recipe perfectly, but oh well, I guess next time I'll have to change some things. I'll make sure to add sugar, 1 tsbp of cocoa instead of 2, and a smidgen more red food colouring. The taste was quite bitter because of the cocoa, and lack of sugar. I slightly burned the first 3 because the gas on my stove was turned up too high.. My bad!


To fix this slight disaster I smothered them in syrup, dusted on some icing sugar, and shook on some purple sprinkles. Om nom nom, the chocolatey goodness was divine! I thought I'd have to hoop for a while to burn off the calories from this chocolate heaven, but apparently there are only around 130 calories in the whole thing! I don't believe it, but it's better than thinking there are 300+!




Red Velvet Pancakes for One (Original recipe here)
Makes approx. 5-6 

2 tbsp flour
2 tbsp + 1 tsp oat bran
red food colouring
dash of salt
1/2 tsp + 1/8 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup + 1 tbsp almond milk
1 tbsp sugar 

Mix dry ingredients, add wet and mix. Cook pancakes as normal! 


No comments:

Post a Comment