Friday, July 15, 2011

Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Two posts in one week?!?! Is this real or..
YES. It's a miracle, Kelsey has actually posted somewhat regularly for once. I know I don't post too often, but I make the same things over and over, just with little changes, so I don't see fit to actually post the recipe.. But I made this pancake recipe completely from scratch, so proud!






Ingredients:
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
2 tbsp oats
1 tsp baking soda
2/3 cup non-dairy milk
2 tbsp brown sugar (or calorie free sweetener)
1/8 cup egg whites (optional -- note: vegan pancakes tend to need to be on low heat for longer)
chocolate chips
banana, thinly sliced

1. Mix dry ingredients together, the add liquid slowly. (I know everyone says to not over mix, but I tend to do that to get all the dry mixed properly with the wet, so just mix slowly and fold if you have this problem)
2. Pour onto griddle and drop chocolate chips on top.
Note: You may also pour chocolate chips into batter. 


I made these yesterday for myself, since they feed about 1 person. As I type this up I am making another batch for my mum and I. I simply doubled the recipe, and voila! ;) I keep forgetting to add Vanilla extract in, so feel free to add or skip that step. I only added approximately 1-2 tsp, but however much you like.


The only thing the banana is for was to stack between the pancake layers. I did think it tasted that much better with a banana, but do what you like.


No comments:

Post a Comment