Monday, August 22, 2011

Bundt Cake

I'm so beating myself up for this... I FORGOT TO OIL THE PAN. UGH. WHAT DO I DO NOW. It's currently in the oven, and there is ten minutes left. So I hope when I attempt to take it out it cooperates.


This stupid thing would not photograph at all. I finally got this one, but I did not get ONE good shot of the inside. *sigh.* It was delicious, I think my dad ate more of it then I did!



Neapolitan Bundt Cake (original recipe here)
3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1-1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
16 oz plain yogurt
2 tsp vanilla



For banana swirl:
   2 ripe bananas, mushed
   yellow food colouring (optional)


For Raspberry swirl:
   1/2 cup raspberries, fresh
   1 tbsp strawberry jam
   3 drops red food colouring (optional)


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F and oil the pan.
2. Make banana and raspberry swirl, but them in two medium sized bowls.
3. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl with electric mixer beat butter and sugar.
4. Add eggs, beating until fully incorporated. Add sour cream and vanilla. Add flour slowly. DO NOT OVERMIX.
5. Pour 1/3 batter into the banana and mix. Pour a 1/3 batter into raspberries and mix.
6. Drop large spoonfuls of each batter into the pan sporadically,  swirling with a butter knife. 
7. Cook for 50-60 minutes, rotating halfway through. Let cool in pan then invert onto wire rack to completely cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment