Saturday, September 17, 2011

Mint & Mango Marinated Zucchini Spaghetti

I cannot stand zucchinis, so it came as a shock to me when I started salivating over this recipe. Mango and mint sauce? I thought I'd get over my fear of zucchini by making this.
So first of all, zucchini is a b*tch to shred. I tried to do it with this fancy shredder thing, to get the thin strands, and that took 30 minutes to get approximately 2 cups of the stuff.
The sauce on the other hand, took around 5 minutes total to prepare and blend, and it was DELICIOUS. I will definitively be making it again.




Mint & Mango Marinated Zucchini Spaghetti
(Original recipe here)
Ingredients:
2 cups shredded zucchini

1 mango, sliced
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
15 leaves fresh mint
3/4" fresh ginger

1. Put zucchini in a mixing bowl, set aside.
2. With a magic bullet (or any other blender), puree the mango, olive oil, mint, and ginger. When thoroughly blended, add to zucchini, and with your hands, work sauce into the zucchini.
3. Arrange on a plate, and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment