Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies

Hello fellow bloggers, sorry it's been a while, I've been on a baking hiatus. I haven't hooped in a month either. I haven't been feeling well to be honest, but today I made cookies! They're pretty good, I put butter in them though, so they aren't fully vegan.
(Original recipe here)




[Vegan] Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe

1/2 cup butter + 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water (flax egg)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 cup oat flour (I processed 1 cup quick oats in a food processor)
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (I would put a bit less, unless you like the chips overpowering the cookie)

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Celsius, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl, mix the flax seed with water, and put to the side.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and oil until combined. Add sugars and beat until creamy. Beat in flax egg and vanilla.
3. Stir in remaining ingredients, and fold in chocolate chips.

4. Roll into balls and flatten on cookie sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment