Sunday, December 11, 2011

Fruity Quinoa + Basil Garlic Bread

Our fridge shut down and decided to break, so we had to take everything out, and put it in coolers, and bring some stuff to our neighbours house. Annoying right? So I haven't had that many options for supper, and I've had to cook everything myself. 



So I saw quinoa in the pantry, and decided  to make it, and promptly went to the fridge to get some sauce. Well, imagine my chagrin when I realized that it was empty. Having to forgo a dressing, I thought I'd make a fruity quinoa supper, so I went outside (in the freezing cold) and brought in some pineapple and an apple. 


I figured I'd make some garlic bread while I was at it, and threw in some basil.


Fruity Quinoa + Basil Garlic Bread (serves 2)
Ingredients: 
1/2 cup quinoa
1 cup water
1 tsp poppy seeds
1 apple
1/2 cup pineapple

french baguette, sliced
1-2 tbsp earth balance (or butter)
dash of dried basil
3 garlic cloves

Directions:
1. Boil quinoa and water. Reduce heat to low and cook for approximately 15 minutes.
2. Once quinoa has absorbed water, remove from heat, add poppy seeds, apple, and pineapple. Cool.
3.  Slice appropriate amount of baguette.
4. Grate garlic, and mix with butter and basil.
5. Spread on bread, and toast.
6. Enjoy your meal!



No comments:

Post a Comment