Thursday, March 31, 2011

Banana Egg Whites

This was my morning breakfast. First day back at school since Spring Break, thought I should make a yummy nutritious one to hold me until lunch. This made quite a bit, and it was very filling. I thought the banana added a nice touch, since my dad used to add cut up banana slices to the top of an omlette when I was little. This has an interesting texture and smell, so it may not be for everyone, but I quite enjoyed it. 







I think the photo above is my favourite. I like how you can see a bit of the peanut butter sticking out. Also how this was an accidental shot. I moved my phone to look at the other pictures, and pressed the button to take a picture. It turned out good!


Ingredients:
1 banana
1/2 cup egg whites
2 bread slices
2 tablespoons peanut butter
cinnamon


Directions:
1. In a pan, but a small amount of butter or oil, so the egg doesn't stick. On medium heat, cook egg, stirring occasionally, until scrambled. 
2. Mash banana, and add to scrambled egg whites.
3. Toast bread, and spread peanut butter evenly over each slice, sprinkling with desired amount of cinnamon.
4. Pour banana scrambled eggs on top of toast, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment