Thursday, March 24, 2011

Lemon Sugar Cookies

Surprise surprise, another cookie recipe! I was going to make some oatmeal peanut butter cookies with my mum, but she was watching her show *rolls eyes*. I was sipping my lemon green tea, and I remember a lemon cookie recipe I saw a few days ago, and here we are!



Lemon Sugar Cookies (Original recipe found here)

2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Zest of 1.5 large lemons
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup room temperature butter
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1.5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon yellow food colouring

For rolling cookies
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup slivered almonds

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. Using a mixer, beat together butter and sugar until smooth and creamy.

4. Add lemon zest, egg, vanilla extract, food colouring and lemon juice. Mix until combined. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.

5. Roll rounded tablespoons of dough into balls and roll in sugar and/or almonds. Place on prepared baking sheets,  about 1 1/2 inches apart.

Bake 9-12 minutes or until cookies are slightly brown around the edges and set.



 Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Mmm, those look deliciously chewy. What a great way to welcome in the spring. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/03/sweets-for-saturday-10.html

    ReplyDelete