Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Sweet Spiced Oatmeal

I've been pretty lazy lately, not doing much. This summer hasn't amounted to anything really. All I've done is tan a few times, watch tons of movies, read, and hoop. I have my first Skate Instructor class today, should be interesting. We have to wear helmets which is ridiculous considering the fact I used to figure skate and do competitions. I'm thinking maybe I can tell the instructor that and I won't have to... I hate wearing anything on my head, hats, helmets, ick. 



 Do any of you have "summer foods"? You know what I'm talking about. Those few foods/meals that are the only thing you eat during the summer? Mine are oatmeal, green smoothies, homemade vegetarian chili, and my mum's ginger carrot soup. Oh, and whatever I end up baking ;)
So as usual, here is another oatmeal recipe!

Ingredients:
1/4 cup oat bran
1/4 cup old fashioned oats
2 tbsp flax seed
2 tbsp white ground chia
2 tbsp pure maple syrup
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup water
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp allspice
1 tbsp vanilla extract

1. On medium heat cook both oats with water and milk until done, Approx. 15 minutes.
2. Add vanilla, spices, 1 tbsp chia, and 1 tbsp syrup. Stir.
3. Serve with extra chia and syrup on top. Enjoy!
4. :OPTIONAL: Splash of milk on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment