Friday, October 28, 2011

Chocolate Spice Baked Oatmeal & Cinnamon Apple Dish

I'm been playing around in the kitchen trying to create a baked oatmeal dish, but I've been having trouble. I finally got the texture right today, it wasn't mushy at all! Sort of muffin-like, but a bit more solid. It wasn't quite right yet, I would only use one tablespoon of cocoa powder next time. This weekend I plan on perfecting a pumpkin bake with the leftover pumpkin puree that has been in my fridge for a couple weeks.. I wonder how long it can last in there?



Chocolate Spice Baked Oatmeal
2 tbsp oat bran
4 tbsp (1/4cup) quick oats
1/4 cup almond milk
1 tbsp ground chia
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 tbsp blackstrap molasses
2 tbsp cocoa powder (I'd change that to 1 if you don't want it super bitter)
1/2 tbsp light agave nectar
1/2 tbsp coconut flakes

1. Preheat oven to 380 degrees F.
2. Mix all ingredients (except coconut) together.
3. Sprinkle coconut over top, and cook for 25 minutes in a ramekin.
4. Let cool for 5 minutes and pop out onto a plate.

I topped mine with some almond butter.


Baked Cinnamon Apple
1 peeled and thinly sliced apple
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tbsp butter
1 tbsp water

1. Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat, then lower to low and cover with lid for 10-15 minutes or until soft, stirring occasionally.



No comments:

Post a Comment