Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Apple Raspberry Pie




I made pie. I've never made pie before. Well technically my mum made it, but I rolled out the dough and did the lattice pattern on the top. So we both made it. It was quite fun, and i think it turned out beautifully!



I've been playing around with photoshop when editing my photos, and I think I've finally found some actions that work well together.

Apple Raspberry Pie Recipe
Crust:
1 1/2 cups flour
dash salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup ice cold water

Filling:
6 cups thinly sliced apple
1/4 - 1/3 cup frozen raspberries
4 tbsp white sugar
4 tbsp brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1 tsp cinnamon
dash salt

1. Mix flour, salt, and baking soda together. Cut in butter with a pastry blender. Add water slowly.
2. Form 2/3 of dough into a round disc and roll into a 1/8" thick circle. Place in pie plate.
3. Mix filling together and pour into pie shell.
4. Roll out remaining dough and weave on top of pie.
5. Bake in oven at 450 degrees F for 10 minutes. Lower heat to 350 degrees F and continue baking for 30 minutes.





No comments:

Post a Comment