Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Latte

I made this a while back, about one or two weeks ago and haven't had the change to post it. Nothing new is going on, I haven't been baking very much, but still the occasional thing. I made pumpkin spice lattes again this morning, and while I make this post I am sipping from a jar of it. Mmmmm.


I didn't make very many changes, only cut out the sugar, removed a bit of spice, and added more pumpkin. Feel free to change as you wish, and enjoy this delicious version of Starbucks pumpkin spice latte!



Pumpkin Spice Latte (Low-Cal, Vegan) (original recipe here)
(Serves two)

2 cups almond milk
2/3 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp ginger
1/8 ground cloves
3 tbsp pumpkin puree
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
2 cups strongly brewed coffee

1. In a small pot over medium heat, warm milk, spices, and pumpkin until steaming (Not boiling!). Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
2. Blend milk with a frother (I have no idea what these are called, but it makes the milk frothy. If you do not have one, feel free to use a blender or leave it as it is).
3. Pour milk and coffee evenly between two mugs.
4. Serve hot, and voila!



No comments:

Post a Comment