Friday, January 27, 2012

Lemon-Cardamom Oat Bars (Vegan)

I have been baking so much lately, and my mood has improved greatly because of it. I find it so peaceful in the kitchen, with the heat of the oven, the lovely smell of whatever I am making drifting out, mmmm. And of course we can't forget my Supernatural playlist....  Best. Show. Ever.



Anyways, back to these bars. They are a bit sweet and not very lemony enough, so I'd probably lessen the agave and add maybe 2-3 tsp of lemon juice instead of only one.

Lemon- Cardamom Oat Bars (Original recipe here)
Ingredients:
1 cup quick oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch salt
1/2 cup agave nectar (I'd use 1/3 next time)
1 flax egg
juice of half a lemon
3/4 tsp ground cardamom

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
1. Whisk dry ingredients in a large bowl (oats, flour, b soda, salt).
2. Mix wet in a small liquid measure (agave, flax egg, lemon juice, cardamom). Add to dry and mix well.
3. Spread into an 8" x 8" baking pan lined with parchment paper (I only had an 8" x 12", but I only used about 2/3 of the pan, since the batter is pretty thick it was easy.
4. Pour the batter into the pan, spread and flatten, bake for 20 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment