Saturday, January 14, 2012

Vegan Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies

First time baking in the new year, and I'm making cookies (and bread, but that recipe will come in a few days)! Going 100% Vegan this year, or trying at least. Last year I went back and forth between vegetarian and vegan. I'm curious how these cookies will turn out, because I used a lot less sugar then it called for.



I got a food scale for Christmas, and I've been excited to use it in my baking. But guess what happened. IT STOPPED WORKING. I got about two things measured before it died. Annoying much?

Vegan Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies (made 31 small cookies)
Ingredients: (original recipe here)
176g quick oats
1/2c pumpkin puree
1/8c agave nectar
2 tbsp ground flax seed + 6 tbsp water (2 flax eggs)
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
pinch salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4c semi ground almonds (chopped finely, not completely ground)

Directions:
1. Dry roast oats in a frying pan until fragrant and crisp, cool, then grind into a course powder.
2. Combine the Flax seed and water and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
3. Combine pumpking, agave, olive oil, flax egg, and mix.
4. Combine dry ingredients, and add to wet. Mix well.
5. Pat dough into a ball, cover in cling wrap, and refrigerate for around 2 hours.
6. Remove dough from fridge and make small balls, then flatten with palm.
7. Cook at 302 degrees F for 10-15 minutes, or until golden.
8. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment